While it may not have been a long and cold winter, the chilly temps and grey skies have extended far longer into spring than any of us had hoped. That said, May is still the kickoff month for local events and summer pre-gaming, and we’re particularly excited about one month-long food and drink based fundraising event.
In addition to being the month that we are all ready to step out of hunkering-down mode, May is also ALS Awareness Month. To highlight the importance of ALS, and to raise funds, the Brigance Brigade Foundation has partnered with a slew of Maryland’s most generous bars and restaurants in a month-long food and drink fundraising campaign to raise awareness for all of those battling ALS with the theme of “ALS Bites!”.
“The Brigance Brigade Foundation is truly grateful to have 10 amazing local restaurants - from Bel Air, Reisterstown, Annapolis, Gambrills, and Baltimore - helping to raise funds for individuals and families battling ALS,” said Foundation Director Amanda Mummert. “These wonderful businesses are showing their commitment to the Brigance Brigade Foundation, while also showing the community that ALS bites. This is our first initiative of this kind, and because it’s taking place in May, ALS Awareness Month, the additional support is especially meaningful. We are thankful for our restaurant partners and encourage everyone to participate in the ALS Bites! campaign at a participating location before Tuesday, May 31st!”
All of the spots who have chosen to participate are featuring a food or drink option that will generate proceeds to benefit the Brigance Brigade Foundation.
One owner, Maureen McEnerney, of The BoatHouse Canton said, “Everyone at The BoatHouse Canton is inspired by the organization’s amazing work, O.J. and Chanda Brigance, and the Foundation’s mission to equip, encourage and empower people living with ALS in our community. We are honored to be involved with the BBF in its effort to crush ALS!”
Restaurants and bars that are participating, with their specific cocktails or food, include:
· Banditos Bar & Kitchen- The Sweet Lou Cocktail: 1118 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230
· Mad River Bar & Grille- The O.J. Sliders: 1110 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230
· MaGerk’s Pub- Black-Eyed Susan: 1061 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230
· Mother’s Federal Hill Grille- The O.J. Crush: 1113 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230
· Newk’s Eatery- Newk’s Q Sandwich: 1360 Main Chapel Way, Gambrills, MD 21054
· Ristorante Firenze- O.J. Cello Martini: 2 Hanover Rd, Reisterstown, MD 21136
· The BoatHouse Canton, Waterfront Grille- The O.J. Crush: 2809 Boston St, Baltimore, MD 21224
· Vagabond Sandwich Company- Brigance Brigade BBQ Burger: 111 Thames St, Bel Air, MD 21014
· Vida Taco Bar- LIFE ALS Margarita: 200 Main St, Annapolis, MD 21401
· Wayward Bar & Kitchen- The Iron Horse Cocktail: 1117 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230
Order these drinks or dishes, and a portion of the proceeds will benefit the Brigance Brigade Foundation.
Those who visit any of these restaurants or bars in May are encouraged to share photos via social media using #ALSBites.
Please Log in to rate or leave a comment.